Friday, September 12, 2014

2014 NFL Week 2 Picks

2014 NFL Week 2 Picks

Last week was not the best week for me in terms of picks.  I went a miserable 6-10 last week, but there were a ton of upsets.

Steelers @ Ravens:  This is always a good game.  The Ravens need this game really bad.  They lose this one and they are 0-2 in the division and at home to start the year.  With all that has happened in the Rice situation, the Raven have to respond.  The Steelers defense is not that great, and I think the Ravens will have a big day on the ground.  Plain and simple, the Ravens historically step up during difficult times.  Ravens 20, Steelers 14.

Falcons @ Bengals:  This game will be a shootout.  The Bengals (like most teams after week 1) suffered a lot of key injuries on defense.  The Falcons have no offensive line, and no defensive line.  The concern I have is the emotional win last week for the Bengals.  Historically, the Bengals loose this game.  Until they prove otherwise, I see the Falcons on top this week.  Falcons 38, Bengals 35.

Dolphins @ Bills: When I am wrong, I will admit it.  I underestimated the Dolphins this year.  If the Dolphins can continue to run the ball really well, watch out AFC.  I see this game only being close because it is a divisional game.  The Dolphins will shut down the run and put the game in EJ's hands.  Dolphins 24, Bills 13.

Saints @ Browns:  I kinda feel bad for the Browns.  They are going to face a very angry Saints team.  Brees is going to have a huge game this week.  If he is on your fantasy team...start him.  This week we will see how the Browns offense is when they are playing a decent defense.  Saints 38, Browns 12.

Cardinals @ Giants:  I don't think the Giants stand a chance in this game.  The only thing that they have going for them is that the Cardinals are playing on a short week and have to travel across the country.  Cardinals 25, Giants 17.

Lions @ Panthers:  This should be a great game.  Good offense against a good defense.  The only concern I have is Cam coming back and missing a week.  I said last week that I like this Lions team, and the liking will continue this week.  Lions 24, Panthers 22.

Jaguars @ Redskins:  I really don't know  who to pick in this game.  I wonder how much longer RG III will be the QB in Washington?  He cannot continue to turn the ball over.  Ultimately I am picking the 'Skins because they are at home.  Redskins 17, Jags 14.

Cowboys @ Titans:  I picked up Locker in a few of my leagues simple because he is facing the Cowboys defense.  I love this matchup for the Titans.  This should be an easy win for them.  Titans 38, Cowboys 10.

Patriots @ Vikings:  After seeing some film from the second half of the game on Sunday, one has to worry about the offensive line of the Pats.   Zimmer is a great defensive coach, and because of that, I think it will be somewhat close.  Patriots 27, Vikings 21.

Rams @ Bucs:  This is another game that is going to go to the home team.  I don't know if the Rams can loose another high profile player at this point.  You hate to see a promising season go down the drain.  Bucs 18, Rams 6.

Seahawks @ Chargers:  I think that this would have been a good game if both teams were coming off of the same amount of rest.  I know the Chargers are at home, but they are on a short week and the Seahawks are coming off a long week.  Bad news for the Chargers.  Seahawks 31, Chargers 10.

Chiefs @ Broncos:  I knew the Chiefs were going to be worse than last year, but with them losing two of the starters up front of defense, that is really going to hurt.  Manning will be Manning, and I really like this match-up for the Broncos.  Broncos 45, Chiefs 17.

Jets @ Packers:  The other team I feel bad for this week is the Jets.  I know the Packers are not happy with what happened a week ago.  I see Rodgers having a huge game, and Lacy making up for last week to his fantasy owners.  Packers 38, Jets 10.

Texans @ Raiders:  This one is simple.  JJ Watt vs a mediocre offense line and a rookie QB.  Fitz could have a big game this week.  I like the Texans in this one, and hey!  They can match their win total from last year!  Texans 24, Raiders 17.

Bears @ 49ers:  I don't know what happened to Culter and the Bears offense last week.  To say that it was a disappointing performance would be an understatement.  I hope they can get back on track, but I am not sure this week will be the case.  49ers 25, Bears 17.

Eagles @ Colts:  I am looking forward to this game so much.  Monday night cannot get here soon enough.  I like Foles to get back on track this week.  Luck will have another huge week fantasy wise.  I see a two minute drill with Foles leading the charge.  Eagles 38, Colts 35.

Happy Football ALL!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment