Thursday, September 4, 2014

2014 Week 1 Picks

2014 NFL Week 1 Picks
Josh Shuster's Picks:
Packers @ Seahawks:  I don't think that the NFL could have started with any better of a game.  This is one that I know all fans are looking forward to, even if it isn't their team that is playing.  My heart says Packers on this one, but my mind says Seahawks.  Defense beats Offense most of the time, and I think that will play out in this game.  I am not sure about a lot with this game, but I am pretty sure that it will be a close game.  Seahawks 24, Packers 21.

Bengals @ Ravens:  I know that it is early, but this is a statement game for the Bengals.  M and T Bank Stadium has been a house of horrors for Andy the last 3 years.  The Ravens are a team that plays better football the second half of the season, so the Bengals need this game.  If they don't win, they will probably get swept by the Ravens this year.  I like the new Ravens offense, outside of the o-line.  I also like the Ravens at home.  This game will be won by a touchdown or less by either team, and turnovers will play a huge roll.  Which defense will force more?  Ravens 23, Bengals 17.

Bills @ Bears:  I think the Bears will win this game easy.  I love all the weapons that Jay has to throw to, and they have a great RB.  The Bills defense should be defense, but I'm not sure outside of a run game what else they have on offense.  Bears 31, Bills 9.

Titans @ Chiefs:  I think the Chiefs can have another good year this year.  The Titans, I'm not sold on just yet.  I still think they are too young, and have too many holes.  I expect Charles to have a huge day.  Chiefs 27, Titans 10.

Patriots @ Dolphins:  I know that a lot of people are high on the Dolphins this year, I'm not one of them.  I think Brady and Co. will have a big day, and that this will be the beginning of a much improve Pats defense from last year.  Pats 35, Dolphins 6. 

Jaguars @ Eagles:  The Eagles will be facing a team that I think is better than most give them credit for.  The Jags are moving forward in a positive direction.  But, when all is said and done, Chip's offense will just be too much.  Eagles 38, Jaguars 17.

Saints @ Falcons:  This has the makings of a very good game.  I think the Falcons will be much better than last year.  I also think the Saints have a great shot at being in the Super Bowl this year.  All that being said, Saints take this game.  Saints 32, Falcons 27.

Raiders @ Jets:  These two teams are perfect to face off week one.  They have a lot in common: they stink, have many washed-up players, and have no offense.  I think the first one to 17 points wins the game.  I'm taking the Raiders.  Raiders 20, Jets 9.

Vikings @ Rams:  What a blow for the Rams to loose Sammy B for the year.  I love Mike Zimmer, but I don't think the Vikings have an offense outside of AP.  The Rams have one of the most under-rated d-lines in all of football, and they will contain AP as much as you can contain AP.  Rams 17, Vikings 14.

Browns @ Steelers:  I know that many people will see this game and say blowout, but this is an AFC North game.  I don't think the Browns will win this game, but after seeing the Steelers defense this pre-season Ben Tate would be a great player to start if you have a fantasy team.  Steelers 24, Browns 21.

Redskins @ Texans:  I am not big on the Redskins this season.  I don't like their coach, and I don't like what I saw from RG III this pre-season.  But, even with all of that, I still like them better than the team with the number 1 pick last year.  Redskins 24, Texans 18.

Panthers @ Bucs:  I think even if Newton plays this game that the Bucs are a better team.  If I think two teams are evenly matched talent wise, I always give the game to the home team.  I think the Panthers will have a very hard time scoring on the road in this game.  Bucs 19, Panthers 10.

49ers @ Cowboys:  The 49ers looked horrible on offense this pre-season.  The one thing that will be a huge help?  Facing this Cowboys defense.  I think the Cowboys comb over all the other teams practice squads this season just to find players who can start and fill in.  If you can put up a ton of points because of your offense, but have no defense, you aren't going to win many games.  49ers 35, Cowboys 27.

Colts @ Broncos:  Wow is this a great football matchup.  I am stoked to be able to watch this game.  Both teams have great offenses, lead by great QB's.  I have to believe, at this point, that the Broncos have the better defense.  They get the edge.  Don't be surprised if this game comes down to a last minute drive and field goal.  Broncos 38, Colts 35.

Giants @ Lions:  I am really pulling for the Lions this year.  I want them to be in the play-offs so badly.  If Eli can learn to stop throwing the ball to the other team, the Giants have a real shot this game.  I think Eli throws two picks that cost the Giants the game.  Lions 38, Giants 32.

Chargers @ Cardinals:  What a great game to end week 1 on.  I think the Cardinals are a sleeper team this year, especially that defense.  The Chargers are my sleeper AFC team.  One of these two teams will not be a "sleeper" after this week.  I am picking a 10 point win for the Chargers because I see a Palmer pick 6 on the last drive of the game.  Chargers 31, Cardinals 21.

No comments:

Post a Comment