Tuesday, September 2, 2014

2014 AFC South Predictions

If the Colts find a way to lose this division it would be impressive.  It is them and three other teams that will all be under .500 for the season.  Maybe one of the Jaguars, Titans, or Texans can somehow find a way to hit .500, but I doubt it.

1st - Indianapolis Colts (13-3): I am predicting this record because they get an automatic 6 wins because of the division they play in, they will probably take 3 of 4 from the AFC North, and they will probaby take 3 of 4 from the NFC East. 
Will do better than predicted record if: They can find a defense and a running game.  I really thought when they obtained Richardson in the trade with the Browns that they would find themselves deeper in the play-offs.  But, as it turns out, the Browns may have had a miracle happen...a good football move.  This team could win 14 or 15 games if their opponets suffer big injuries.
Will do worse than predicted record if:  They have no running game or defense for the whole season, Luck gets hurt, and their division is better than expected.  I don't see this team loosing more than 5 games for the whole year.  This team is a lock for the play-offs.

2nd - Tennessee Titans (7-9): I am not even sure they can realistically hit the seven win mark.  I like the youth they have on this team, and their defense is getting there.  They just seem to be missing a whole lot.  In two years, Titan's fans, you will be happy.
Will do better than predicted record if: They can come together as a team and play out of their minds for a whole year.  If they can win 4 of 6 from the division, you never know what could possibly happen.  They play the games for a reason, and this team might prove why that is.
Will do worse than predicted record if:  They play at all like they did last year.  I really don't know what to think of this team because they have the potential to gel and play well, but they also have the potential to be playing for a top 3 pick next year.   If they loose 4 games in their division, it will be a long season down in Tennessee.

3rd - Houston Texans (6-10): I don't think I have ever been so wrong about a team as I was last year with the Texans.  Normally I am pretty accurate with my picks, but I had them going to the Super Bowl.  Well, don't worry, I am not picking them to be any where near that this year.
Will do better than predicted record if: They have the best defense in the league and they find a QB anywhere (who knows, maybe they will be asking folks in the stands to try out).  I like their D-line....it is staked, but they are weak at a number of other places.  They could win 7 or maybe even 8 games if some different plays fall their way.
Will do worse than predicted record if:  They continue to turn the ball over.  I have never in my life seen so many pick 6's.  If the defense is anything other than a top half of the league, it will be a long season down in Texas.

4th - Jacksonville Jaguars (4-12):  Here is the thing about the Jags...I love their coach...he is an intense guy, but he has no players....like at all.  I am picking more wins than most are for the Jags this season, and that should say something...plus they get to open against the Eagles...have fun with that...
Will do better than predicted record if: They have a number of plays, penalities, and games go their way...Honestly, I don't really see them having a remote shot of winning more than 4 games.
Will do worse than predicted record if:  They play like they have for the last few years.  Even when they have had players on their team, they find a way for it all to go wrong.  This team is still 3 years away from doing anything relevant in the NFL...and man I hope I'm wrong on this...

No comments:

Post a Comment