Saturday, August 17, 2013

AFC North Predictions

Well my team plays in this division, and I will try my best not to be partial to any of the teams that play inside of the division.  This has the potential to be one of the toughest divisions in football, or one of the easiest divisions in all of football (it all depends on how the Steelers and Browns play).  One thing is for sure, this IS the hardest hitting division in all of the NFL.

1st - Baltimore Ravens (11-5): I know that I am going to catch a lot of flack from my fellow Bengals readers, but they are the champs.  I honestly like the replacements they have, plus they now have a lot of youth on defense.  They went from being a team that was really old defensively, to saying goodbye to two of the best players to ever wear a Ravens uniform.

2nd - Cincinnati Bengals (10-5):  I am beyond excited for my team this year.  I think the addition of Effiert, and I think that he will really help Andy.  Say what you want about Dalton, but the kid does not turn the ball over and he is a winner.  Our defense has a great amount of depth, and the addition of Harrison for third down pass rushing situations is going to be the key.

3rd - Cleveland Browns (7-9):  Honestly this is the franchise that I feel the worst for out of all sports.  They have now watched a team leave their city and win TWO Superbowls, while they have been terrible every year since then except for one.  Good news Browns fans, the future looks bright for you.  I love your RB, some of your WR's, but you need more help in many areas (such as a QB).  I love the fact that your ownership spent money this off-season, that should show you the direction that you are headed in.

4th - Pittsburgh Steelers (7-9):  I did not put them here because I strongly dislike them, I put them here because the have lost a lot, and didn't replace much of it.  I am not as high on Jones at LB as most people.  I watched him for most of his career, and think that he has a lot to work on in order to be a good LB in the NFL.  Big Ben WILL get hurt this year because you O-Line is terrible (mixed with the pass-rush of the division).  Your receivers are mediocre at best, mixed with the fact that you don't have a deep threat anymore to stretch the field.  Oh, and you RB's will fumble A LOT this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment