Thursday, August 22, 2013

AFC South Predictions

The first prediction that I have is that this could potentially be one of the worst divisions this year in all of football.  Everything hinges on whether or not Luck has a sophomore slump for the colts.  If he does, then this division might only have one team with a winning record, if not (which I feel will be the case), then there will only be two teams with winning records.

1st - Houston Texans (10-6): I really feel that they will hit ten wins mostly because they will win at least 5 in the division.  I like the addition of Ed Reed, adds some more leadership to that defense with J.J. Watt.  The only problems that I see are these three things: 1- health of Foster, 2- Schaub and his ability to play late in the year, 3- Johnson getting injured.  Those are the three factors that can make this team worse than 10 wins.

2nd - Indianapolis Colts (9-7):  The only problem that I see with the Colts this year is their defense.  They might be able to put points up on the board, but can they stop anybody?  I'm not sure that they will be able to.  I like what Luck has done so far, and I am even more excited to see what he can do in year number 3 next year.

3rd - Tennessee Titans (7-9):  I have to be honest for a minute here, I like what I saw from them when they played the Bengals this year in pre-season.  I bumped them up to 7 wins here because of that, but I feel that outside of their running game (which I think that Johnson will be just as good as in the past), they don't really have anything else.  I like their WR's as a core, but there are two problems.  I don't know that there is a great one to throw to, and I just don't know how the ball will get to them.

4th - Jacksonville Jaguars (2-14):  Man is this team going to be bad this year.  I feel that I am being generous by giving them two wins, I am not even sure that they can hit that this year.  For all you Jags fans out there I would say watch all of the top QB's in College Football because one of them will be on your team next year, and you will probably be picking number 1 overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment